What is one of the most popular hiking routes in the Tramuntana today, was in former times the walk to Lluc to reach for our ancestors to Soller or to hollow with the carts coals.
You can not get lost on the way thanks to the markers, but should have a good level of fitness to be able to cope with the road. Start of the walk is in the urbanization Son Macip, there is a parking for your car. You can also start at Font Coberta, what lies at the edge of the parking lot of Lluc. Pas By the Oaks of Finca Son Macip, one of the most emblematic of Serra. Where to find at each step the mark of past coal industry, as ruined circular silos and miner houses, which coined the forest then. The paved trail ends at the foot of the Voltes d’en Galileu. The name refers to the curves, the road makes the next 250 meters in altitude to climb, and the architect Antoni Català « Galileu » which ran in 1692 to build the new snow caves « las Cases de Neu ».
To start the route you have to go by car towards Lluc, or urbanization Son Masip. Leave the hotel direction Caimari, from there the road up to the Coll de sa Batalla. From here you can walk or drive direction Lluc or further to urbanization Son Masip and its parking.
Km0 WP01 starting Son Masip
Option A, starting from Lluc and follow the signs to Puig Galileu
Option B, starting from Son Masip. Here we describe Option B
The trail is along the route GR-221 (route of « Pedra de Sec », the dry stone walls)
We follow this path and the same signs on direction VOLTES D’EN GALILEU or Puig Galileu
- Let’s start now the trail in the oaks of Son Masip
- Follow the direction sign on the route (it is a very well signposted route)
WP02 CASES DE NEW DE SON MASIP
- lie on the right side of the road now, the cases de New Son Masip
- the building can be to the left and the path continues up
- Next to the Oaks
WP03 VOLTES D’EN GALILEU
- Here the winding ascent begins, the dry stone walls
- the way makes some sharp right and left turns after a strong rise
- Follow up to the Plateau / Plana
WP04 PLATEAU / PLANA
- Now we leave the Voltes d’en Galileu
- You reach a plateau with shrubs and reeds
- follow the signs direction CASES DE NEU D’EN GALILEU
WP05 CASES DE NEU D’EN GALILEU
- follow the instructions above the building
- The buildings are located in the restoration and form the beginning of the ascent to the summit
- Follow the route to the summit
WP06 PUIG D’EN GALILEU
- The Summit, here you have to climb over some big rocks.
(Caution, stone slipping)
- The way back is the same you have come forth.
– A hat for sun protection
– Sunscreen Cream
– Take at least 2 liters of water per person with
– drink every 30 minutes
– Take rainproof clothing or a raincoat
– do not leave any garbage
– Respect the trail and the signs
– Do not disturb the wildlife of the region
– Collect no flowers or plants
– Please do not fire, and especially
take care of cigarettes !!!