|Places of Interest|
|Our suggestions for a memorable day out|
The name of Muro
comes from the Mozarabic and castilian languages,
First mentioned in 1232 after the Catalan Conquest when it was given to the Count of Empúries. At that time it had a prosperous Jewish community of many of these were moneylenders and doctors who were given privileges for their assistance to the Catalan king. Reputedly the village also had 45 slaves mostly Tartars, Sardinians or Moors.
At Can Simó, a property dating from the
XVIIIth. Century, is a museum exhibiting local
tools and crafts.